Cell Phone Policy
Ring tones on cell phones, BlackBerrys, tablets, iPads, or other communication devices should be turned off in the clubhouse and on the golf course. Inside the clubhouse, refrain from talking on cell phones at all times in the Dining Room, Members’ Lounge, and function rooms. WiFi is available in most areas of the clubhouse.
The Dress Code outlines appropriate golf attire at Ashburn. Standards of dress apply at all times to members and their guests as well as Juniors. Note that blue jeans are not permitted in any area of the clubhouse or golf course.
In the clubhouse
Suitable golf, business or dressy casual attire is required for all members and guests. Blue jeans and caps are not permitted in the clubhouse. Footwear is mandatory, but golf shoes are not permitted in the Dining Room.
On the golf course
Appropriate golf apparel is required at all times. Short shorts, cutoffs, tank tops, t-shirts and jeans are prohibited.
Ashburn Golf Club has a Discipline Committee that responds to serious problems arising from the improper conduct of members or their guests. Examples of situations that may come to the attention of the Discipline Committee include:
- disregard for policies established by the Board of Directors in the interests of all members
- vandalism to the course, clubhouse or equipment
- theft or fraud
- abusive language or temperament, or disrespect of other members or Ashburn staff
- serious and/or repeated breaches of course Etiquette
- endangering others on the golf course
- complaints made against another member
- persistent slow play, if referred by the Director of Golf